As a business we’ve been growing and expanding the capabilities of our software.
We are looking for someone to assist the core team with bug-fixing and also working on supporting applications. You’ll find the environment stimulating with lots of freedom to grow working with people who are passionate about writing awesome applications!
For this position the technologies that you’ll need to be strong in are:
- Perl Catalyst and DBIx
- SQL databases
Other technologies we use that would be beneficial but not required are:
- Network switching and routing
- Open source network monitoring: Nagios, Cacti etc.
- C and C++
- ELK stack
Should you like to join our team you will need to be a strong coder able to debug and trace code effectively and avoid the Perl “nastiness”. You will be working in a team where your code can affect others and vice versa so the job is sometimes a balance of teamwork and working on your own. You need to be able to to both.
We are a mostly remote development team and use Jira, Slack and Google Hangouts to communicate. Good communication and a reasonable degree of availability during the day (GMT+2) is an absolute requirement. So an after-hours job is not really going to work.
Our team is committed to writing awesome software. If you are willing to put in 10-30 hours a week and want to join a dynamic team working on exciting project, please click to apply below.
We are looking for someone to join the support team in a permanent position. This will namely involve problem handling for customers, including NMS and Systems issues.
For this position the technologies that you’ll need to be strong are in:
Open source projects / systems
SNMP ( OID’s and MIB )
Unix / FreeBSD knowledge
Server architecture ( RAID, Virtualisation )
Database or SQL knowledge
Additional skills for Development:
- Proficient in Shell scripting (grep, awk, sed, bash)
- Proficient in Perl CGI
Additional Skills for Networking:
- Able to install/configure a Cisco or Juniper router (not DSL)
- Worked on a Provider Edge (PE) router in an ISP/multi-tenanted environment
- Working Knowledge of MPLS
- Any Cisco or Juniper Certifications
SDN / NFV
The main duties for this position would be:
- Be able to support, maintain and troubleshoot customer specific NMS and Systems based issues relating to in-house developed NMS system.
- Be able to assist customers with new requests, manage change and installations, and do 1st tier support (Troubleshooting and debugging skills).
- Log and manage tickets in ticketing system
- Fix or log Jira’s for bugs found in System
- Internal & External customer communication relating to Service Requests
- Install and configure FreeBSD and internally developed applications
- Perform server infrastructure management
- Spec server hardware for customers
- Install/Set-up/Configure Unix Services (Apache, Postgres, sendmail, SNMP, LDAP)
Should you like to join our team you will need to have methodical troubleshooting and debugging skills, and an understanding of IP Networking and some development experience would be a benefit. The environment can be pressurised, and so the candidate must be self motivated and able to thrive in a results orientated environment.
If you are customer focused, with excellent communication skills, and this sounds like the position for you, please click to apply below.